Search This Blog

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Thinking in New York

It's been so long since I've posted anything here. In the beginning while creating Sweet Mona's I spent many months of dreaming and planning and thinking and writing and drawing. It was the time I spent called walking the conference table.

The "Sweet Team"--Rachelle, Tristan, Julia & Grace are the people that make sure your chocolate shop experience is created in the store. The dream continues. Many folks come in and see that I'm not in the shop. I'm not. I'm researching, learning, creating, and dreaming to get Sweet Mona's to the next level.

I dream about opening other Sweet Mona's, Chocolate Boutiques around the country, and building a manufacturing facility. My dreams so far have been fueled by passion and tenacity with not much in the way of finances. I say that the finances will come through planning, and through education.

That's what I'm doing now--planning and gathering more education. There is so much thinking that goes into planning--forecasting, and costing, building, equipment, employees, return on investment, marketing--There is just so much to know. And that's takes time--time away from the shop.

Today I'm in New York blogging. Yesterday I spent the day walking and researching chocolate. When I walk into the shops here I see more than a case full of exquisite chocolates. I see the persons hearts in the dreams they are creating during their chocolate journey--some whimsical, some classical, some simple, some extravagant. That's what I want for those who walk into Sweet Mona's.

I hope you will follow me on my dream and allow me the priviledge of sharing the sweet life with you.

In the next few blogs, I'll talk about the different chocolate shops I visited in New York. Please follow along.

No comments:

Post a Comment