Search This Blog

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Balancing Act

Owning your own business takes lots of balancing. And it's just so easy to become out of balance because there's just so much to do to keep everything going. There comes a time when you just have to step back and re-position everything to get it all back in balance.

That's what I'm doing now. When I'm out of balance it seems that there is chaos all around me and within  me. It is impossible to do what I'm supposed to do and be who I really am. I find that I'm getting in the way of my own progress.

Right now I have two amazing people taking care of the sweet needs of folks visiting Sweet Mona's. They are great. They greet everyone. They offer them samples. They are always smiling. They do what I ask them to do. It's comforting. They like people and they realize that the weight of the everyday operations of the business lies on my shoulders and they just want to help get this little business to the next level. This is absolutely marvelous.

So now it's time to let them do their job. This allows me to do mine-creating the chocolates and seeking out new and different ways to offer chocolate to the world. Right now our sea salt caramels are rated over the top on Amazon and the word is getting out there that they are absolutely the best sea salt caramels around. And I love caramel! So that makes this even sweeter to me.

Langley Oktoberfest is this coming weekend and we will be offering Beer Caramels covered in dark chocolate with a little bit of sea salt to spark the taste buds. Brats and Beer and Dancing and Fun. It will  be everything an Oktoberfest should be with a caramel bonus! Hope you'll be there. Thinking sweet thoughts.......Mona

No comments:

Post a Comment