Search This Blog

Thursday, October 1, 2015

Late night thoughts

This evening I went to see Looped at Outcast Theater. Sandy O'Brian brought Tallulah Bankhead to life on the stage. I really didn't know who Tallulah was until this evening. It is too much to remember all the who's who's in the acting world, especially since I was just a babe when she passed into the
netherworld.

The thread of the story of a troubled and drug addicted woman haunted by the underlying guilt of thriving while her mother dies soon after her birth continues to haunt and mold the woman through her life. She is forward and brash, promiscuous and often screams that this is the reality of Tallulah. 

I think not. The quick witted wisdom and sarcasm of the actress is a continual shield from the agonizing pain she has felt from the beginning of her existence to her death. I can relate. This is a difficult road to hoe. Each time that you convince yourself of the good that you are, the mirror reflects your haunting past and the guilt that you have chosen to accept as your own.

There is only a few shows left and I recommend that you see it. It is a dark comedy, as is with several of Outcast's Theater's productions slating the tagline of Theater on the Edge.  

I got home to the news of the shootings in Roseburg, Oregon and I find myself searching for answers as to why this happens in America. Tears well up in my eyes, my heart aches. I am grief stricken. I have often said that I can find beauty in everything and in this random act of hatred beauty is no where to be found. The beauty will have to come from the actions, reactions, and reconciliations of those who are left behind.

This brings me to why I do what I do--own Sweet Mona's. We sweeten the world and it sounds like a mighty task that I have undertaken. It is not. It is just simply sharing chocolate with friends on a daily basis. Chocolate encourages happiness. And that's a wonderful thing.

There is a difference to be made and we are the only ones that can make it. Let's make a difference. Make choices that show others how sacred life is. Choose life at every chance. And choose chocolate soon thereafter.








No comments:

Post a Comment