Search This Blog

Friday, October 18, 2013

Witchy Woman

Witchy Woman
Each morning the darkness seems to stretch into the morning later and later. The fog thick with a mysterious hum to it. From my home I can hear the ferry horn blasting to warn any boats that may be in the way to move quickly as this large vessel crosses the sound.

I love the mystery of life. When I was five years old I  used to lay in my bed and try to figure out what was real and what was only made up in my mind.

I am sometimes mesmerized by all the groups and religions that seem to think that they have figured it all out. They know how it works and it's only by doing or being what they believe that you can get to where you want. And what is it that people want? The top tweet yesterday on Twitter was about weight loss--I wonder if there's a church out there for the God of the Perfect Size. Inside, I giggle, knowing that there probably is.

Why isn't it enough to just be who you are in the moment? And be happy about it? Why is it there is something inside that always wants more? I've decided that as of October 2013 I have everything that I want and everything that I need. I am happy. And really what can be more mysterious than being happy?

I am Mona Newbauer. I own Sweet Mona's, Chocolate Boutique. I am a witchy woman who likes to share sweet treats, hugs, and happy moments. It really doesn't get much better than this.

“May the impression I leave today be the inspiration that moves mountains tomorrow.”

No comments:

Post a Comment