Search This Blog

Monday, September 30, 2013

It's the Little Things

It's the little things that give me so much joy. And here is one of them! It's the new box for Sweet Mona's, Fine Chocolates.  The box itself is only about 7" x 4" but it just holds so much joy for me to look at.

And then, of course, there is the contents of the box--chocolates! Sweet Mona's chocolates--delicate, delightful, delicious chocolates.

This box has been in the making for nearly two years. Ann Amberg, a local graphic artist, and I spent hours of work and conversation creating the final design. It started out as a full color box. It too was beautiful until I went from box maker to box maker and found out that it just wasn't in the budget for now. So then I toiled over it and toiled over it. And then I let it sit for a while. Because sometimes that's just what I have to do. A decision which seems so small to me is just ever so important. A company's brand can mean the difference between success and failure.

Branding is everything--well almost. And the presentation of the box is so important. It's not just enough to have a phenomenal product, businesses need a phenomenal brand. And that's what I'm working on now! A phenomenal brand--a name that is recognized across the nation. And why would I want such a thing? Because it's FUN!

It's fun to work continuously to figure it all out--to try one thing, then another, and then another, fail, and then get up, and try again, and again, and again. Each day is different and yet there is a foundation that remains steady--sometimes I'm full of joy like I am now at the completion of  my branded box. And sometimes, I'm disappointed and sad that something that I truly thought would work just doesn't and I have to get up and try again. It's all a part of the ride. How exciting it is.

Thanks Ann Amberg for helping me get this far. I ordered 2000 box lids. I so hope that this is one of those decisions that is amazingly wonderful. Really, I won't know until the last one is sold. Either way is good and moves me toward the "next big thing", whatever that might be. This is just so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment