Search This Blog

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Chocolate Shop Sitting

Well today I'm chocolate shop sitting. Where you may ask? Well my chocolate shop of course. And I've walked around Langley and listened to the D'jango (sorry if I've spelled this wrong). And I've gone to look at the Peace Cart.

I really wanted to look at the Peace Cart but it wasn't open today. Pushkara said it would be open tomorrow.  I may or may not see it. The outside is pretty amazing in itself and colorful. It's nice. Peaceful you might say.

And there were musicians in the round there. We are in year number five of D'jango for the chocolate shop. I must not draw D'jango to us because even when we had the tent out back and everything we didn't get many musicians. It's funny I think. But it is what it is. I'm glad that there is music abounding in Langley. It certainly doesn't have to be at my shop. I mean really.......

I like sitting here and watching people come in and out. We haven't had the number of people through today that we did last year but it's still fun. I'm always wondering how to draw people in. I took down my chocolate signs when I changed over to the new look. I still have them. They may have to go up on the trim of the building again. And of course we are missing our sweets ambassador today. Debbie is amazing and when she goes out into the crowd and gives people samples, people just pile in here.

This chocolate shop is pretty serious business. At least it is to me. I currently have five employees and some how I feel responsible for them. Like it's up to me to do everything I can to make sure that they have a job. Sometimes I am successful and sometimes I'm not. It's the times that I'm not that are particularly tough.

It is simply amazing that amount of business I've gotten over the Internet this summer. Of course all the chocolates had to be shipped with ice and with fingers and toes crossed on the hottest days of the summer. Most of them got there. And the one that melted I worked it out to ship it later and she was fine with that. Really customer service is what it's all about.

That's the reason I do this really. I love people and I love making them happy and what better way to make people happy than to give them chocolate and gelato and brownies and waffles. It's a tough life but someone has to step up to the plate and do it! That's me... the do it girl!

I'm either all in or all out so it's very good when I'm all in. My energy is up and I'm ready to conquer the world. When I first started even thinking about the shop I dreamed about being a "Godiva" competitor. I mean, Godiva isn't that great or at least it wasn't when it was owned by Campbell Soup but I meant volume wise.

Can you imagine putting out that much of any type of product? It takes an amazing amount of coordination, capital, and just luck! It's really fun to dream about it and inside I still believe that it's possible. Even though I don't have a great amount of capital, it could still happen. And even if it doesn't happen I'm having so much fun with the dream... I just must continue.

Until next time, dream your dream! No matter what it is believe that you can do it and if it truly is your dream others will come along to help you along the way.

Many blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment